Friday 11 June 2010

Taking Back The Tap


Ok, so it has taken a while for the penny to drop with this one. I am not a big water drinker at the best of times, just don't like the taste of the stuff, where ever it comes from, but I hadn't really really thought about it until today.


For me to drink water it either needs to have had Lemons soaking in it for a while or I get it down me with a nice refreshing Rooibos or mint tea. Even then though in certain parts of the world you can still taste the chlorine or whatever chemicals it is that they put in it, especially when it is desalinated water out of a tap.







However, for many years I have pondered..... over my tea or water.....







as to how it was that I lived in the dessert and yet ' Natural Spring Water' from the near by Majestic Hajar Mountains, was bottled in plastic bottles and placed on the shelves of supermarkets. I gaily bought it but 20 years later, during which time we had less and less rainfall to refill the spring water in the Hajar Mountains in the desert???????????? Are you with me on this.......



So with an empty spring due to no water how come so many other companies were coing up with ' Natural Spring Water'.
It is the same here in Cyprus, there is a whole isle of bottled water yet, Cyprus hardley has any water so where are the narural springs that it is all produced in?
Then yesterday whilst doing some research on the internet I found a fantastic clip on youtube


The Story Of Bottled Water.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49d-U5rHw
It is part of The Story Of Stuff project that just has to be seen! It is the scariest story of all!

So I have taken the plunge and I am Taking Back The Tap,



Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment